Friday 17 August 2012

Drama!

G'day fellow bloggers......

My art teachers is also my theatrical arts teacher and she tries to incorporate our art and drama sessions so that it is easier on our very primitive minds. This term our drama assignment was to make a shot sketch for a film depicting a traditional carnival character. I chose the Midnight Robber; a classic carnival character. Basically he is an ancient evil entity who finds pleasure in terrorising his weak helpless victims with elaborate, often verbose monologues depicting there inevitable and inhumane death. His black attire, complete with a human skull tattooed onto his cape is designed to strike fear into his prey and his signature high pitched whistle marks both his entrance and exit off the stage.

I have written and performed a few midnight robber speeches in the past and can I truly appreciate his misanthropic disposition.

My comic sketch featured a young school bully by the name of Bob, whose close encounter with our favourite fiendish foe of the night, causes him to come to a realisation of his own bad ways and stop his terrorism of the innocent school children:-


It was a really simple sketch with not much attention paid to detail, but the lack of detail gives it a nice 'cartoonish' look. I enjoyed putting this story together and I hope you have just as much fun reading it!

Until then fellow bloggers.......

No comments:

Post a Comment